It is important to have a good dental and oral health routine, as tooth decay and gum disease can impact your general wellbeing. Having a healthy mouth and teeth will help you with chewing, tasting food, swallowing and speaking.
What can you do to maintain good oral health?
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Limit the amount of sugar you eat and drink
- Limit alcohol intake as this can erode the surface of the teeth
- Stop smoking as this can increase risk of gum disease
- Brush your teeth twice per day, once in the morning and once at another time of the day
- Use a fluoride mouth wash at another time of the day
- Don’t rinse straight after brushing your teeth so the fluoride can continue working
- Have regular dental check ups